SEIS LAGOS EMPLOYEES ARE WORKING REMOTELY. PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE NUMBER TO SCHEDULE APPOINTMENTS.
At Seis Lagos Utility District, we are committed to providing safe, high quality water services to our community, while maintaining a standard of excellence in customer service and environmental conservation.
Monday: 8a - 3p
Tuesday: 8a - 3p
Wednesday: CLOSED TO PUBLIC
Thursday: 8a - 3p
Friday: 8a - 3p
Office phone: 972-442-6875
2019 ANNUAL DRINKING WATER QUALITY REPORT (CCR)
As you may be aware, Governor Abbott held a press conference with representatives from TCEQ today to answer questions from the public about the recent issue in south Texas (Lake Jackson area) where Naeglera Fowleri, commonly referred to as brain-eating amoebas, were found in the water supply. We have learned that WFAA ran a story this evening on this topic.
With this media coverage, we all may receive questions about the safety of our water supplies and wanted to offer some messages and resources that you may consider sharing with your customers. Key messages include:
NTMWD uses advanced treatment processes, including the use of ozone, for treating and disinfecting drinking water to meet all public health standards before it is delivered to customers. This unfortunate situation highlights the importance of maintaining adequate chlorine disinfection levels throughout the water distribution system to eliminate harmful bacteria or organisms. The cities and local water providers who receive water from NTMWD also perform water quality testing on their local systems to ensure water remains properly disinfected and safe as it travels to homes and businesses.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has extensive information about Naeglera Fowleri posted online here: https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/naegleria/general.html
Out of an abundance of caution, we encourage our water system partners to continue placing a heightened emphasis on testing and confirming adequate chlorine residuals in your local distribution systems to provide the added assurance to the public about the safety of their tap water.